I just learned, however, that the contact that was to publish it has since declined. I feel certain it is largely because of how long it took me to complete the artwork. I did not realize how different the amount of time it was actually going to take for me to complete a page (8-16 hours) was going to be from my imagined timeframe per page (2–4 hours). It was quite a learning experience. I learned how long it actually takes me to do such work as well as that I need to do it in a sunny area, touch it every day, and leave it out in a place I must confront it every day. My skills also improved as I worked. So a great learning experience for me. Not so great if you were waiting for the final product I'm sure.
So now it'll have to be self-published. Sigh. More learning!