Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Too Much Dreaming

Yes, he showed up this morning at my parents' old house with an assistant, both bearing sheaves of roses with sword-length stems. I think he looks like the guy who played Seneca Crane in The Hunger Games, only without the funky beard. My mom was home too. That's all I remember.

I took 2 Ativan to be sure to sleep last night. In the morning the kids went downstairs to watch TV. I fell back asleep without really rousing until after noon. Not OK. They were fine, just watched too much tv and ate some cookies, but definitely not OK. We all got dressed, grabbed lunch at Chic-fil-A and drove out to Robinson Nature Center in Howard County, MD. It was a beautiful afternoon. My husband met us there and we walked the trails and climbed the rocks down next to the stream. The kids loved it and it was good for me too. I kept looking for climbable trees and wondering how or if Katniss could've claimed these trees. They were all inner forest trees, long and limbless and around 50' high. I could never get up there without some equipment. Maybe if I were18 and emaciated, but I'm not sure even then.

No comments:

Post a Comment