Monday, March 12, 2012

The Hunger Games

I picked up a paperback copy of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins today and was able to do nothing else until I finished it a moment ago.  It was completely consuming.  There were no lags, no slow patches, it was riveting from start to finish.  I just saw the trailer for the motion picture version on Friday when we went to see John Carter.  Now I definitely need to see this.  I'm a sucker for a post-apocalyptic survival story, and this ranks up there with The Stand for me (Stephen King) although obviously not quite on such an epic scale.  Though it looks like there are two other books, so I'll be looking for them soon.  Maybe not tomorrow, as I probably need to get something done for the household.

I ate this weekend like there was no tomorrow.  This has got to stop.  Maybe the survival side of this can inspire me to be more fit?  We'll see.  Off to bed now.  Tomorrow morning is going to seem awfully early.

No comments:

Post a Comment