Friday, April 13, 2012

Weaning

So I've really slacked in the blogging department this week. It wasn't a bad week though. Nothing like the week before, that's for sure.

I'm still not completely sure why Friday's movie date with a new friend snapped me out of my malaise the way it did, but it lasted all week.

I'm sort of slowly getting my Hunger Games mania out of my system. This is not to say that I didn't just sing-up for archery lessons that start Saturday, or that I didn't spend $11 at Sephora for Cinna-reminiscent gold liquid eyeliner that I am just thrilled with.... But the feeling of urgency about the whole thing is really abating. This is good.

To snap myself out of it, I (gasp!) picked up a copy of Twilight. I KNOW. So we'll see what all the hype was about, now that I'm over the illusion that I'm somehow above being rabid about teen fiction. I've also become a big fan of the My Little Pony, The Magic of Friendship, TV show. It's streaming on Netflicks now and my daughter was watching it. It's apparently done by the makers of The Power Puff Girls animated TV show, if you're familiar with that. It's very cute and really very entertaining, even for adults. My daughter and I have really enjoyed watching it together this week. Lots of fun.

I have still found myself unreasonably cranky, especially with my daughter, and especially in the late afternoon, a few days this week. But I also know that this week I destroyed being caught up on sleep as I was by last Friday.

2 comments:

  1. My girls used to watch My Little Pony. I always wondered how they built their little town without opposable thumbs. My hypothesis is that they have enslaved some other creatures to do the building for them. I think they're kept in underground bunkers (referred to as "corrals").

    Don't even ask about me how they sustain a society with only one sex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to be able to do a lot woth their hoofs, but I think the bulk of the labor is accomplished via unicorn magic. They're always using that to get things from high places, move stuff, find stuff, etc. as far as reproduction, there are 2 sexes if you look carefully. The top line of the males' profile is astraightline, not curving sharply up from the nose to the eye as for the female profile. Often the ponies pulling carts, carriages, trains, etc. are males. There is also a prince in some of the storylines. Attention to detail, Dave! Of course, Sky still insists that Rainbow Dash is a boy."

      Delete